Need comfort food, What’s better than a good old bowl of rice pudding ? Since going gluten and dairy free , I am yet to find a ‘tin of rice pudding i can eat , they have milk in them), So I just need to make it yourself
The recipe i uses is (as usually) adapted from a recipe i found while searching on the internet.
I normally make a batch that have at least 8 serving (batching cooking at it best lol)
The recipe here services 4,
- 200g pudding rice
- 600ml dairy free milk
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 can (about 300g) of satsuma
- Prehead oven to 200’0
- Add pudding rice, Milk and nutmeg in to a large oven proof dish
- place dish in to the middle shelve of the oven
- Keep an eye on the dish during the cooking process and occasional mix the rice and milk mixture , so it doesn’t stick
- Serve in four bowls garnish with honey and satsumas.
If you need a quick fix and can’t wait the hour for it to cook , then you can uses a microwave to cook the rice have a look at it here